Wednesday, March 31, 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Click Here to Register
- Increase awareness of the South Fulton People-Centered Community Economic Development (SF-PCED) initiative's activities, benchmarks, aims, and objectives
- Showcase residents lived experiences, voices, and contribution in advancing equitable outcomes in their communities
- Invite attendees to weigh in on potential strategies, commit to problem-solving, ownership, and future engagement in SF-PCED efforts
This online three-hour Forum hosted by Ubuntu Community Catalyst/SF-PCED in partnership with United Way of Greater Atlanta Brighter Futures South Fulton Initiative will convene residents, vital stakeholders and ,feature information on some of the most promising impactful, and collaborative efforts underway around Behavioral/Mental Health and Housing Affordability. The selected targeted South Fulton County zip codes are Atlanta - 30315, 30354; College Park - 30337 and East Point - 30344.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
School System Representatives
Elected and Appointed Officials
Volunteer - Civic/Fraternal Group Representatives
Queenie Jordan, Gerontologist, M.C.
Nathaniel Smith, Founder, CEO, Partnership for Southern Equity
Katrina Mitchell, Chief Impact Officer, Kim Addie, Sr. Director, Place-Based Initiatives
and Denise Townsend, Regional Director - Northeast, United Way of Greater Atlanta
David Gibbs, Sir José Bright, Mary Wilson, Marcais Frazier, Pam Braxton, Charles Releford, Tanya Phillips, Dawn Price, Audrey Wilson, James Prayor
Also Featuring, John Lewis the Trainer
Engaging and Interactive Activities
Breakout Discussions involving Behavioral/Mental Health and Housing Affordability
- Education - Reducing stigma around mental health
- Comunity Building - Providing space for residents to engage/improve social capital by participating in events that promote community and mental health.
- Availability/Accessibility - Connecting residents insured or uninsured to mental health resources.
- Resident Services - Addressing root causes of housing insecurity (support & resources for households).
- Housing - Fulfilling the demand for affordable housing in South Fulton (affordable housing development).
- Community Building for Housing Affordability
The Big Reveal
Spoken Word Competition Winners (Celebrating Power in Community Poetry winners)
Are We There Yet? (Next Steps & How to Get Involved)
Door Prizes and Fun...
JOIN US! The Event is Free but Registration is Required
Click Here to Register